Tips & Tricks-Perfecting that Cup'o Joe
Coffee has been around for centuries. No one knows who started the original trend, but now we have it in many different ways… how do you brew the best coffee? Have a look at these tips and tricks to find out!.
It does not matter how simple or high tech the coffee maker is… it starts with keeping these in mind:
1. Buy fresh, buy whole beans. A fresh coffee bean has a glossy appearance, leaves residue behind and has an intense aroma.
2. Keep them in an airtight, dark container.
3. Always grind your beans as close to the brew time as possible for maximum freshness
4. Measure coffee by weight, not volume - 7.5 g of coffee to 150 mL of water.
6. Temperature - Between 195°F and 205°F
7. Water choice - Lightly filtered water from the professional kitchen refrigerator will suffice.